The Makita DHR264 is identical to the DHR263 but features a quick change chuck for non masonry drilling. By pulling back the SDS chuck and turning it ¼ turn it comes away from the main unit leaving a spline attachment, this unit is supplied with a high quality steel keyless chuck which can be fitted with a pull back and ¼ turn in the opposite direction.
By running 2 x 18v batteries in series Makita have managed to get the same power as a 36v machine while managing to keep the flexibility of running all your tools on the 18v Lithium Ion platform and compatible with 1.5Ah, 3Ah, 4Ah and 5Ah 18v batteries.
Featuring a powerful 36v DC motor this machine has enough power to drill holes up to Ø26mm in concrete Ø54mm TCT core and Ø65mm TCT core, a vibration absorbing handle with rubber grip gives excellent control and the balance is what you have come to expect with Makita tools. This is a true 3 function machine with rotary hammer for masonry drilling, rotary only for drilling steel, timber and diamond cores plus hammer only mode for masonry chiselling and a 40 position bit holder allows for the perfect chisel angle to be achieved.
The motor stops automatically when one of the batteries capacity falls below a certain limit and a LED warning light indicates which battery needs replacing/recharging. A LED job light illuminated the work area when the trigger is operated and the after glow feature keeps the light on for around 12 seconds once the trigger has been released.
Other features include a safety clutch to prevent the unit from "snagging" and "XPT" (extreme protection technology) prevents the ingress of dust and water. Supplied here in a MakPac carry case and inlay plus a DC18RC fast charger and a choice of batteries. This tool is covered by a Makita 3 year manufacturers warranty subject to online registration.
If you would prefer a DC18RD twin charger with this tool, please click on DC18RD Upgrade to see the relevant information and cost to do so.
- Spec Check
- Voltage: 36 (18V x2) v
- Max in concrete: 26 mm
- Max. in steel: 13 mm
- Max. in wood: 32 mm
- Impacts per Minute: 0-4800 ipm
- No Load Speed: 0-1,200 rpm
- Vibration K factor: 1.5 m/sec²
- Vibration: Hammer Drilling: 15.5 m/sec²
- Vibration: Chiselling: 14 m/sec²
- Vibration: Drilling into metal: 5 m/sec²
- Net weight: 4.7 kg
- User Benefits
- Powered by two 18V Li-ion batteries in series to supply energy to the powerful 36V DC motor drive system
- LED Job light with pre-glow and afterglow functions
- 3 mode operation • Rotation + Hammering • Hammering only • Rotation only
- When different capacity batteries are used together, (for example 3Ah BL1830 and 4Ah BL1840, or fully charged BL1830 and 70% charged BL1830), the machine stops when the battery with less capacity gets empty
- Quick Change Chuck
- Ergonomic soft grip
- Battery capacity warning lamp
- 40 different bit-angle settings
- What's Included?
- DHR264 Twin 18v LXT SDS+ Rotary Hammer Drill
- Choice of Batteries
- DC18RC Fast Charger
- Quick Release Chuck
- Side Handle
- Depth Gauge
- Bit Grease
- MakPac 4 Carry Case
NOTE: If you choose a "Body Only" option from the list of choices, this does not include any batteries, charger or a case. The only exception to this is "Body Only With Case", which is a body only tool with just a case.