The Makita DTW285TX2 is a purpose made kit for the scaffolding industry including the UK’s #1 scaffolder's choice impact wrench DTW285, 21 x 50mm scaffolder's impact socket and nylon carry bag.
The DTW285TX2 is a fantastic, lightweight and compact impact wrench ideal for the scaffold trade with an 18v brushless motor which improves efficiency giving more run time per battery charge and reduces maintenance for less down time. This unit has a maximum torque of 280Nm and a nut busting torque of 400Nm making it suitable for standard bolts up to M20 and high tensile bolts up to M16.
The impact mode has 4 settings, soft, medium, hard and reverse rotation auto stop, soft is ideal for furniture assembly, medium for scaffold work, hard for steel frame assembly and reverse rotation auto stop for disassembling bolts/nuts. The DTW285 is equipped with a protection circuit designed to protect the battery from overload, high temperature and over discharge. Other features include a battery power indicator, LED light for better visibility and an ergonomic soft grip handle.
Suitable for use with 1/2" square drive impact sockets with or without O-ring and centre pin.
- Spec Check
- Nut Busting Torque: 400 Nm
- Voltage: 18 v
- Driving Shank: 1/2" Square
- Blows per Minute (Hi) - ipm: 0 - 3500 ipm
- Blows per Minute (Med) - ipm: 0 - 2600 ipm
- Blows per Minute (Lo) - ipm: 0 - 1800 ipm
- Standard Bolt: M10-M20
- High Tensile Bolt: M10-M16
- Noise sound pressure: 96 dB(A)
- Noise sound power: 107 dB(A)
- Noise K factor: 3 dB(A)
- No Load Speed (hard/med/soft): 0-2800 / 2100 / 1600 rpm
- Max Fastening Torque: 280 Nm
- Vibration: Fastening Bolt: 11.5 m/sec²
- Vibration K factor: 1.5 m/sec²
- Net weight: 1.7 kg
- User Benefits
- Electric brake
- Variable speed control by trigger
- Forward/reverse rotation
- LED job light
- Brushless motor
- Compact design with overall length of 147mm
- Phosphorescent bumper
- Ergonomic soft grip
- Equipped with Battery protection circuit: designed to protect the battery from damages due to over discharge, high temperature or overload current
- Battery fuel gauge
- Reverse rotation auto stop mode: This mode works only with pulling the trigger fully in counter-clockwise rotation. When the bolt/nut gets loosened enough, the tool stops the impact and rotation in 0.2 seconds
- What's Included?
- DTW285TX2 18v Brushless 1/2" Impact Wrench
- Choice of Batteries
- DC18RC Fast Charger
- 21 x 50mm Scaffolder's Impact Socket
- Nylon Carry Bag
NOTE: If you choose a "Body Only" option from the list of choices, this does not include any batteries, charger or a case. The only exception to this is "Body Only With Case", which is a body only tool with just a case.