The Makita DSD180 has been developed for cutting holes in drywall board for lighting and ventilation and has excellent tool balance allowing it to be comfortably used at all angles including over head operation.
This unit is specifically suited to straight cutting in plasterboard and a cutting depth adjustment allows cuts up to 30mm, a dust box is fitted to catch debris plus a dust port allows it to be connected to a dust extractor.
Other features include variable speed, LED job light to illuminate the cutting line and orbital action for rapid cutting plus a battery fuel gauge displays the remaining charge.
- Spec Check
- Capacity in drywall: 30 mm
- Vibration: Cutting Drywall: 2.5 m/sec²
- Blade for Drywall: 55 x 18 x 0.55 mm
- Blade for Wood: 53 x 18 x 0.55 mm
- Voltage: 18 v
- Capacity in Wood: 15 mm
- Strokes per Minute: 0 - 6,000 spm
- Stroke Length: 6 mm
- Noise sound pressure: 79 dB(A)
- Noise K factor: 3 dB(A)
- Vibration K factor: 1.5 m/sec²
- Vibration: Cutting Chipboard: 5.0 m/sec²
- Net weight: 1.7 - 2.0 kg
- User Benefits
- Variable speed
- LED job light
- Cutting depth adjustment
- Base cover protects drywall surfaces from scratches and damage
- Excellent manoeuvrability achieved by the excellent tool balance; allows easy over-head operation
- Easy straight cutting achieved by blade shape and cutting system
- Dust box designed to catch dust in over-head applications
- Connectable to dust extractor
- On-tool storage for hex wrench
- Screw down blade clamp
- Orbital mechanism
- Trigger lock
- Battery fuel gauge
- What's Included?
- DSD180 18v LXT Drywall Cutter
- Choice of Batteries
- DC18RC Fast Charger
- MakPac 2 Carry Case
NOTE: If you choose a "Body Only" option from the list of choices, this does not include any batteries, charger or a case. The only exception to this is "Body Only With Case", which is a body only tool with just a case.